Quick baked Kumato® tomato sauce
- 12 Kumato® brand tomatoes cut in halves
- 60 ml olive oil
- 3-4 whole cloves of garlic, peeled
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Generously grease a baking tray with oil.
- Remove the seeds from the tomatoes, squeeze out the juice and set aside.
- Place the tomatoes on the baking tray upside down with the garlic cloves.
- Leave for 15-20 minutes and shake the tray occasionally so that the tomatoes do not stick together.
- Remove the tray from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the skin from the tomatoes, which will have separated in the oven.
- Next, place the peeled tomatoes, garlic, cooking juice and the reserved squeezed juice in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper.
Stand out with original serving ideas
The fresh, sweet flavour of Kumato® brand tomatoes is enough for this tasty sauce, but dried or fresh herbs can also be added. The perfect complement to pasta or meatballs, this sauce has a beautiful dark orange colour and is sweeter and less than traditional tomato sauce.