Kumato® Strawberry with lime toffee, basil, ginseng and tomato snow - La Banyeta
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 4 medium-sized Charlotte strawberries.
- 4 Kumato® cores
- 8 whole Kumato® tomatoes.
- 50 g fresh basil leaves.
- Virgin olive oil.
- 10 g glycerine.
- 10 g xanthan gum.
- 2 lime peels.
- 100 ml cream.
- 50 g molasses sugar.
- Spring flower blossoms
1. Core the strawberry and fill with the Kumato® core.
2. Set aside.
1. Cold infuse ginseng for 24 hours
2. Strain and boil with sugar until a jelly is obtained.
1. Basil oil: Blend and strain the fresh basil and olive oil.
2. Set aside.
1. Mix and puree 8 tomatoes and mineral water.
2. Strain and set aside for 24 hours.
3. Use a syringe to collect only the tomato water.
4. Mix with the xanthan gum and glycerine.
5. Place in a Pacojet jar and freeze.
6. Churn and serve immediately.
1. Grate the peel over the cream and bring to a boil..
2. Add the molasses sugar at 150 ºC and stir until the cream thickens.
3. Set aside.
Stand out with original serving ideas
Fill the tomato with the core and ginseng syrup. Top with the tomato "snow" and finish with drops of oil, lime toffee and garnish with sprouts and spring flowers. Pair with FX Pichler Dürnsteiner Kellerberg Grüner Veltliner 2006 Wachau (Austria). This white wine has a strong citrus profile, with a fresh, honeyed character throughout.