Pork trotter stew with Kumato® tomatoes, turnips and carrots
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 4 pig trotters (previously boiled)
- Olive oil
- 1 onion, 1 head of garlic
- 1 bay leaf, oregano, sweet and sour red pepper
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- Chopped hazelnuts, almonds and 1 clove garlic
- 6 kumato® tomatoes, peeled and crushed
- Turnips, carrots and green beans (previously boiled)
- 200 cc of mild broth
- A glass of red wine
1. Fry the julienned onion in the oil. Once softened, add the whole head of garlic, bay leaf, oregano, red pepper and cinnamon stick.
2. When everything has thickened and the garlic is softened, add the Kumato® tomatoes and simmer over very low heat to form a jam-like consistency.
3. Then add the mince, and a few minutes later, the diced turnips and carrot and cook for 10 minutes.
4. Finally, add the glass of wine, stock, trotters and beans. Simmer for 40 minutes.