Pork trotter stew with Kumato® tomatoes, turnips and carrots
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 4 pig trotters (previously boiled)
- Olive oil
- 1 onion, 1 head of garlic
- 1 bay leaf, oregano, sweet and sour red pepper
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- Chopped hazelnuts, almonds and 1 clove garlic
- 6 kumato® tomatoes, peeled and crushed
- Turnips, carrots and green beans (previously boiled)
- 200 cc of mild broth
- A glass of red wine
- Fry the julienned onion in the oil. Once softened, add the whole head of garlic, bay leaf, oregano, red pepper and cinnamon stick.
- When everything has thickened and the garlic is softened, add the Kumato® tomatoes and simmer over very low heat to form a jam-like consistency.
- Then add the mince, and a few minutes later, the diced turnips and carrot and cook for 10 minutes.
- Finally, add the glass of wine, stock, trotters and beans. Simmer for 40 minutes.