"La Pepa": fish and seafood "boat" with Kumato® jam
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 2 pcs. pita bread
- 4 langoustines
- 250 g clams
- 250 g shrimp
- 100 g baby squid
- 2 red seabream fillets per portion
- 2 nests of spinach fettuccine
- 1/2 fresh onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 500 g Kumato®
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- A pinch of salt
- Sherry vinegar balsamic sauce
1. Soak the clams in salted water for half an hour.
2. Peel the prawns and remove the hard part of the baby squid.
3. Peel, seed and dice the Kumato®.
4. Cut the garlic and onion into very fine julienne strips.
5. Boil the langoustines for 2-4 minutes (depending on size) in a pot of salted water. Remove and set aside to cool. While they are cooling, cook the pasta in the same water with a little oil.
6. To prepare the confit, in a frying pan, heat the fillets of red sea bream in oil at 70º for 8 minutes (4 on each side). Once the fillets have been removed, poach the onion and garlic in the same oil.
7. Once poached, add the clams.
8. Once opened, remove the shells (reserve 4) and add half of the Kumato® (reserve the remaining half), the prawns, the baby squid and the tablespoon of white wine, and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes.
Stand out with original serving ideas
Place the pasta around the bow of the "boat" as if it were sailing. Place the reserved Kumato® on one side in a pile simulating a rock. Place the langoustine on top. Dress with sherry vinegar balsamic sauce.
We recommend pairing with Vetiver white wine from Bodegas Ontañón (DOC Rioja). Rich, intense and persistent on the palate, smooth and balanced. Made from 100% Viura grapes and barrel aged for six months.