Mini Kumato® juice as clear as champagne
Ingredients for 1 litre
- 2 kg Mini Kumato® tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla vinegar
- 2 easpoons sugar (depending on sweetness of the tomatoes)
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco
- 1 small bunch of fresh basil
- 1 small bunch of fresh tarragon
1. Cut the Mini Kumato® tomatoes in half, remove the stalk scar and seeds, and finely dice.
2. Pulse the tomatoes, vanilla vinegar and remaining ingredients in a food processor or hand blender until obtaining a homogeneous pulp.
3. Place the mixture in a large colander covered with two damp kitchen towels (or cheesecloth) over a glass or stainless steel bowl.
4. Pour the puree over the towels, fold over and press lightly.
5. Allow the pulp to drain in the fridge for at least 6 hours.
6. The tomato puree-like solid deposit left on the towels can be used in another dish or to prepare a sauce.
7. The tomato juice can be stored for at least five days. Keep refrigerated.
Stand out with original serving ideas
This is an amazing non-alcoholic drink. By straining the tomatoes with a towel, the juice will be distilled drop by drop. The result is a spicy drink with an authentic tomato flavour. Serve it chilled in a champagne glass for a delightfully elegant surprise.