Kumato® and prawn ceviche
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 6 Kumato® tomatoes
- 350 g cooked prawns
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 medium cucumber
- 2 avocados
- Fresh coriander
- Cut the Kumato® tomatoes in half.
- Squeeze them lightly to collect the juice, which is then set aside, remove the seeds and dice them into small cubes.
- Cook, peel and devein the prawns. Set aside.
- Finely julienne the onion.
- Chop the avocado into chunks or slices to taste.
- Mince the jalapeño and garlic.
- Mix the diced tomato, onion and prawns in a bowl, adding the avocado, garlic and jalapeño.
- Finally, add the chopped coriander.
- Add the juice from the Kumato® tomatoes and season to taste.
- Stir to distribute all the ingredients evenly.
- Leave in the fridge until serving time.
- Although the tomato juice helps to prevent the avocados from oxidising and turning black, it is preferable to cover the ceviche with cling film until serving time.
Stand out with original serving ideas
This Kumato® tomato and prawn ceviche is ideal as an appetiser, accompanied by nachos. If you prefer it as a starter or as a dinner dish, serve it with toasted bread.