Aubergine, Mini Kumato® and cheese sliders
- 2 aubergines, not too thick
- 20 Mini Kumato® tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 2 small oranges
- 1 large jar of pitted green olives
- 150 g provolone cheese
- Garlic powder
- Fresh basil or marjoram
- Black pepper
- Salt and extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC and prepare a large baking dish or tray.
- Wash the aubergines thoroughly, discard the ends and cut into finger-thick slices.
- Season with salt and pepper and add a little garlic powder to taste.
- Bake in the oven for a few minutes until they begin to brown and remove them.
- Cut the Mini Kumato® into slices or quarters, the onion into thin julienne strips, and the cheese into portions.
- Form little sandwiches by placing a few slices of Mini Kumato®, a portion of cheese, one or two olives and some onion on top of each aubergine.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and serve with some fresh basil or marjoram leaves, a drizzle of olive oil and a dash of pepper.
Stand out with original serving ideas
These sliders can be prepared in advance so that all you have to do is bake them in the oven. This way, you can serve them freshly made without any fuss in the kitchen, with freshly melted cheese. If you like, you can spice it up by seasoning the aubergines with a few drops of chilli sauce, or you can swap the green olives for black olives, or even add an anchovy to the mix.